There are presently over 70 known different types of cancer and Oncology is the branch of medicine that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of this disease. Some of the most common types of cancer include stomach, prostate, breast, colorectal, and lung. In order to treat cancer a physician will generally prescribe surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation treatment. When normal cells grow out of control, chemotherapy will have to be administered to kill the cells in order to get rid of the cancer.
Although each person will have different signs and symptoms with each type cancer, some of the things to be aware of include the following:
Common Signs and Symptoms
- Unexplained weight loss
- Sores that don’t heal
- Change in bladder or bowel habits
- Low income or middle -class families experience approximately 70% of deaths from cancer
- At some point, approximately 39.6% will be diagnosed with some form of cancer
- A rate of 66.9% of those diagnosed have a mortality rate of 5 years or more
- The second leading cause of death worldwide is cancer
Please give us a call today at Torrance Pharmacy if we can be of any help regarding treatment and treatment options for your Oncology care.